Effective date: 5th October 2020
Introduction and Objectives
This policy outlines a structured grievance redressal mechanism available to customers for escalating their complaints within the Bank to obtain a resolution. The Bank will treat the customers in a transparent and fair manner, and will deal with customer complaints with courtesy and in a timely manner.
This policy applies to employees of the Bank as well as Business Correspondents (BCs), is applicable in respect of all customers catered to by branches/BCs and covers all the products/services offered by the Bank including third party products distributed by the Bank.
Redressal mechanism for grievances raised over phone/internet
Level 1 (Queries)
Level 2 (Queries)
If timely resolution is not provided in step 1 or customer is not satisfied with the resolution provided, he/she can call our 24 x7 helpline number
Level 3 (Complaints)
For locations falling under the jurisdiction of Banking Ombudsman offices in Chandigarh, Dehradun, Jaipur, Jammu, Kanpur, New Delhi (I), New Delhi (II) and Shimla
For locations falling under the jurisdiction of Banking Ombudsman offices in Bengaluru, Chennai (I), Chennai (II), Hyderabad and Thiruvananthapuram
For locations falling under the jurisdiction of Banking Ombudsman offices in Bhubaneswar, Bhopal, Kolkata(I), Kolkata(II), Guwahati, Patna, Ranchi, Raipur, Ahmedabad, Mumbai (I) and Mumbai (II)
Principal Nodal Officer
**Note: While corresponding, please raise the issue along with related Query Reference Number/Ticket IDs, Paytm registered mobile number and transaction ID/Order ID (if any).
Details of Banking Ombudsmen (BO) are available under
Report a fraud
Complaint regarding any fraudulent transaction in bank account/wallet or payment related transactions can be lodged at following,
Ticket number is generated for each complaint, which would enable the customer to track status.
First response time - 2 working days
Redressal mechanism for grievances raised in-person
SMS GO <Area Pincode> to 9880001234 to get the schedule of your Grievance Officer OR Call us on Our 24*7 helpline number: 0120-4456-456 to help resolve your query.
Redressal channels outside the Bank
Spreading awareness about grievance redressal among customers/employees
Standing Committee on Customer Service
• In case the customer is not satisfied with the response from the Bank within one month of raising the grievance, he/she can approach the Banking Ombudsman (BO) located in State Capitals for redressal
Customer Service Committee of the Board
• Customer Service Committee of the Board shall review major areas of the customer grievances and the measures taken to improve customer service, on a periodic basis. The Committee will examine issues impacting customer service.
Internal Ombudsm an
• An Internal Ombudsman (IO) shall be appointed by the Bank as per the guidelines laid down the regulator. IO shall be the focal point for the internal grievance redressal system, so that least number of complaints are escalated to Banking Ombudsman. If the Bank decides to reject a complaint and/or decides to provide only partial relief to the complainant, it will be forwarded to the IO for further examination.
Publicizing redressal mechanism
• The grievance redressal mechanism is appropriately displayed at the branches as well as on the Bank’s website to spread its awareness among customers
Sensitizing staff on handling complaints
• The Bank staff will undergo regular training to ensure that consumers’ queries and grievances are handled properly
• They will be encouraged to work in a manner which will help the Bank in improving customer experience and building the consumer trust
Registration & Tracking of Complaints
Complaint Resolution Timelines
- RBI Master Circular on Customer Service in Banks dated July 1, 2015
- IBA Model Policy for Grievance Redressal in Banks
- IBA Fair Practice Code
- IBA Model Customer Rights Policy
- BCSBI Code of Commitment to Customers
- RBI circular on 'Operating guidelines on Payments Bank' dated October 6, 2016
- Reserve Bank of India- Integrated Ombudsman Scheme (IOS), 2021 launched on November 12, 2021
- The policy will be reviewed by the Board as and when required or at least annually to incorporate regulatory updates/changes, if any
- The records pertaining to customer complaints will be maintained as may be required as per the KYC/AML policy of the Bank
- In the event of any conflict between the "Customer Grievance Redressal Policy" of the PPBL in English language listed at https://www.paytmbank.com/Policies/Customer-Grievance-Redressal-Policy-for-Paytm-Payments-Bank and the translated version of the "Customer Grievance Redressal Policy" in concerned local language updated on PPBL website, the English version shall prevail.