Safety and Security
Beware of Dubious Schemes
- Never respond to unsolicited offers of money received through emails/phone/other media*
- No one really gives you money for free*
- Be careful while investing in seemingly attractive schemes offering high returns*
- Don’t invest in unregulated companies/entities*
- Don’t rely on hearsay - Check for yourself*
- High return means higher risk including potential loss of entire money - Check your risk-appetite!*
- Take care of your money - it is hard to earn but easy to lose*
- When in doubt check with a trusted financial advisor*
- * For any clarification/details, visit www.rbi.org.in or www.sebi.gov.in or www.irda.gov.in
- Protect the mobile phone via password.
- Set a maximum incorrect password input limit.
- Look for https while logging in the Bank website.
- Employ a strong password for Login. E.g. Use special characters, numbers etc. in the password.
- Update/change your passwords and passcode at regular intervals.
- Verify transactions in account statements regularly.
- Verify transaction communication received via SMS.
- Use nomination facility.
- Immediately intimate the Bank/Branch for:
- Change in address/mobile number.
- Erroneous/unauthorised transaction.
- Loss of Debit Card/Demand Draft etc.
- Report lost/stolen phone to service provider/police.
- Never transfer funds without validation of recipient.
- Never share the Login details/PIN/OTP/Transactions IDs/Passcode/Confidential information over phone/internet/hand over ATM Cards to third parties.
- Do not store any sensitive information such as passcode, password, debit card details, etc. in a folder on phone/computer or on paper etc.
- Never forget to intimate us for change in address/mobile number to avoid misdelivery of transaction communication.
- Never click on embedded links from unknown sources on social networking sites / emails.
- Employ caution on using Bluetooth in public places