To become a Full KYC customer, you need to complete in-person verification in any of the following ways:
1. Aadhaar based KYC at your Nearby KYC Point: You can find Nearby KYC points by tapping on https://m.p-y.tm/kyc on your smartphone or visiting this link on your browser. You may also tap on the Nearby icon on the blue strip at the top of Paytm App Home page. You need to carry your Aadhaar and PAN* for verification. You will need to verify your Aadhaar biometrically.
2. Aadhaar based KYC at your Doorstep: This is in pilot phase and has been rolled out to limited users in select locations. In case you are part of the pilot exercise, you will find this option by tapping on https://m.p-y.tm/kyc Else, you may visit the KYC point nearest to your location.
3. KYC without Aadhaar: This facility is available only at select locations as RBI guidelines require verification of original documents to be done only by our employees. You can find the schedule of our employees by going to https://m.p-y.tm/NoBiO. You will need to provide your PAN* and any ONE of the below Govt. issued Address Proof documents in original: Driving License / Voter ID / Passport / NREGA Job Card.
*In case you don’t have PAN, our representative will assist you in providing a Form 60 declaration as per RBI guidelines.
Some important points to note:
- In addition to Aadhaar & PAN, our representative will also click your picture from our authorized KYC Android app. Some additional details around parent & spouse name, occupation and income are also needed as part of CERSAI and RBI guidelines.
- Currently KYC can be done only for Indian citizens, Indian residents and Tax residents of India and of no other country who are above 18 years of age. We will be enabling KYC for minors & foreign residents soon.
- You can choose to use Full KYC for upgrading your Wallet & Opening Savings Account, only upgrading your Wallet or only opening your Savings Account.