Personal Information means and includes all information that can be linked to a specific individual or to identify any individual, such as name, address, mailing address, telephone number, email ID and any details that may have been voluntarily provided by you in connection with availing any of the services provided by the Bank.
The Bank will use the personal/non-personal information collected from you to provide you with services & products that you have explicitly requested for, to resolve disputes, troubleshoot concerns, collect money, measure consumer interest in our services and develop new services that are better suited to your needs
The Bank will also use the information collected from you to help promote safe services, detect & protect you against error, fraud and other criminal activity, enforce the Bank’s terms and conditions, etc.
To ensure adherence to your right of protection from all kinds of communications, electronic or otherwise, which infringe upon your privacy, the Bank will:
• Treat your personal information as private and confidential (even when you are no longer banking with us), and, as a general rule, not disclose such information to any other individual/institutions including its subsidiaries/associates, tie-up institutions etc. for any purpose unless:
• You have authorized such disclosure explicitly.
• Disclosure is compelled by law/regulation
• Bank has a duty to the public to disclose i.e. in public interests
• Ensure such likely mandated disclosures are communicated immediately to you in writing
The Bank will not use/share your personal information for marketing purpose, unless you have specifically authorized it or consented for it.
• You shall not disclose to any other person, in any manner whatsoever, any information relating to the Bank or its Affiliates of a confidential nature obtained in the course of availing the services through the Bank’s desktop website/mobile WAP site/mobile applications. Failure to comply with this obligation shall be deemed a serious breach of the terms herein and shall entitle the Bank or its Affiliates to terminate the services, without prejudice to any damages, to which you may be entitled otherwise
Our site links to other websites that may collect personally identifiable information about you. The Bank is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those linked websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those linked websites and PPBL shall not be held liable for any loss or damage suffered by you due to your visiting such websites. You are required to independently take up any disputes/claims with these websites without any reference to us.
• The Bank has stringent security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under its control.
• Whenever a customer changes or accesses his/her account information, the Bank offers the use of a secure server. You shall adhere to the relevant terms and conditions while using or accessing the desktop website/mobile WAP site/mobile applications including but not limited to ensuring the security and confidentiality of your login details.
• Once your information is in the possession of the Bank, it adheres to strict security guidelines, protecting it against unauthorized access.
• This policy may change at any time without prior notification to customers and will be reviewed as and when required.
• To make sure that you are aware of any changes, we recommend that you review this policy periodically.