Recently fraudsters have started calling and emailing our customers in the name of Paytm, we request you to be aware of such fraudsters.
If you receive any call/email/SMS that says, your KYC has expired or about to expire and it can be completed via call/SMS/email without having to meet any KYC agent then please do not believe it!
If you are being contacted stating that ‘your KYC has been completed and now to receive cashback or offer, you will receive an SMS with a link, to avail the offer click the link’, then always ensure that you do not click such links and delete such messages.
At Paytm we never send you any SMS with link to avail any offer or none of the Paytm employees will do so.
In the last couple of months, fraudsters have come up with a new way. They have started calling our customers saying that ‘your KYC has expired, we are calling from Paytm to re-activate your KYC’ and then they ask them to install apps like, AnyDesk, TeamViewer, QuickSupport etc and give certain permissions to these apps which is given to any normal app.
Once the app is installed, generally a 9 digit address code is generated which when shared can allow other users to access your devices remotely.
After gaining remote access to your device, all of your mobile banking apps can be accessed by these fraudsters and they will be able to transact through your account which includes UPI and wallets.
Please Note! Paytm Full KYC can only be completed by meeting our agent face to face.
Any SMS sent by Paytm regarding KYC will only have a link to fix appointment with our KYC agents or find the nearby KYC points.
Also remember, to complete Paytm Minimum KYC, you do not need any support. It is a DIY process. Once you login to your Paytm App, you get a pop-up after you click on that you can easily follow the steps to complete your Minimum KYC all by yourself.
1. Paytm Full KYC can only be completed by having a face to face meeting with our agent
2. SMS sent by Paytm about Full KYC only has the link to fix appointment with our KYC agent or to locate your nearest KYC point
3. We never send any SMS/Email for Paytm Minimum KYC
4. You do not need any support to complete your Minimum KYC with Paytm, it is a DIY process
5. A Paytm employee will never ask you for any of your PIN, OTP, Password, Password reset link, Debit/Credit card CVV or PIN or bank details
6. When a Paytm agent comes to complete your KYC do check their ID card
7. Paytm will never call you and ask you to install any app